Thursday, March 9, 2017

SOL9, Pet Peeves

SOL9, My pet peeves
I have many pet peeves, and other things that are bothersome to me in the world. Many of these I do, I know that I am hypocritical in that sense, so hypocritical things will not be on this list. There are many things other than these that I find highly obnoxious, but these are my largest pet peeves.

People who make their writing, blogs, and overall formatting much larger than it should be, and then talk about how they wrote so much extra, and how they are sorry for the long post. This is a stupid pet peeve, but it is obnoxious because it makes some people receive much more credit than they should, when they did the same amount of work. It is not a problem, and the people that do it are not bad, it just frustrates me as it is unnecessary, and then they get praised uselessly.

When people (my parents especially) come and start to clean up my spaces when I make a mess. This, while it is helpful, is obnoxious because I can never finish what I am doing, even when I am trying to clean it up, because other people try to do it for me. While this probably should not be a pet peeve, it is because it gets in the way and it really bothers me when it happens

When people, I do this all the time, are not confident when they know that whatever they did is good. This is ridiculous to me when other people do it, because they are often fishing for compliments (something I do not do), and then they act offended when you do not tell them that they are perfect. This is a pet peeve of mine because it does not achieve anything for the person who is not confident, and it does nothing to compliment them int he end.

Ego.
Ego bothers me for many reasons. The main reason is when people self praise and talk about how much they deserve, when they are really not good. It is annoying when people act like they should get more because of how they think of themselves, when they should not. It also happens when they get too much, and act like they deserved everything. This is a problem many people have, but I still find it very obnoxious and I hat it more than anything else.

Lastly, when I am incapable of doing simple tasks like clay, paintings, and other crafty things like origami, when I really want to do things. Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. Wait. What? Number 3????
    Miles, are you okay?
    I mean, you never act "modest" to fish for compliments, but you have negative self-confidence.
    Sorry for the ones of these that I do do... you put up with me and my terrible grammar, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all annoy me so much too! Good slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my G O D! I feel you on the second one, I can never finish any of my projects because someone comes and sweeps them away to a place where I can never find them! *angry ranting*

    ReplyDelete