Wednesday, March 15, 2017

SOL16, Eldest Fuzzy One

Displaying image7.JPG
SOL16, Old Fuzzy
I have a Guinea Pig. His name is Norman. I got him over the summer, he was given away from a neighbor, who was giving him away. When we first got him he lived in a horrendous cage. It was covered in cat litter box stuff, and obviously had not been cleaned in a month or more. I spent hours cleaning it, and it sparkled. He was very timid and shy, but I consistently had to hold him so he was not terrified of people. He is very sweet and squeaky now.
He is like a normal guinea pig except for that he does not believe in easy loving or moving. Whenever I clean the cage he is nearly impossible to catch. He eats everything everywhere. He ate his old house. He eats his new house. He is just very random. He is sometimes a cute unicorn. He only eats carrots, any other vegetable he refuses for some odd reason.
Recently, I bought him a friend. More on that tomorrow. He is happier with a BFF.
Not long after I got my phone I took him outside for a miniature photo shoot in an outdoor play place. The first time I took him out he jumped out of my arms and escaped into a massive pile of leaves. I died as soon as I saw that. I frantically searched until I found him. Luckily he was ok, and not dead. I, stupidly, went through with the photo shoot. Luckily no other mishaps occurred, and he is still happily living.
Displaying image6.JPGHe is a sailor. Whenever I put his house into the cage he, and his friend, turn over the house and sit in it like a boat. They then purr and the boat shakes. It seems very awkward, and it makes me kind of uncomfortable. He banishes his friend to the other half of his cage, there is a large divider, and they sometimes force each other out of their house. They have a very intense relationship. I do not know if they like each other, but they certainly have a very complex relationship.
Displaying image5.JPG
Recently, he got a very large tumor like growth on the bottom of one of his feet. It looked like a long piece of bark curling along the bottom his foot. I know. Gross. We took Norman to the vet, and she had never seen anything like it before. She cut it off. Lets just say that after that he acted very frustrated and painful. It was unpleasant for the both of us.
Anyways, this slice went all over, but this is a basic profile of everything about him that is unusual to Guinea pigs. He is a fun pet, and I love him through all of his purring craziness and escapades. These are the most recent and interesting story that I have with him, and they are some of my favorite pet memories.

2 comments:

  1. Rodents are like that. When I had hamsters, they murdered each other. And me. Mostly me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Norman so much, I hope he's ok and what's the new little pig's name?

    ReplyDelete