Wednesday, March 29, 2017

SOL29, Musicals

SOL29, Musicals

Musicals are in my blood, I have grown up with them and my entire family loves them. Take today for example, I decided to watch The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, two classics that I love. I have seen both of them many times, but enjoyed them this time again. I know all of the songs, as my family also does. Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals are pretty impressive, and are some of my favorites. Some of my fondest memories are of watching very old (1930-50) musicals with my grandmother, who also particularly enjoys them, specifically Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a very old, interesting musical that is very dark and weird. There are many happier musicals that I also enjoy, such as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, another weird one. I have watched many musicals, but stick with the classics, such as the ones I saw today. Our family watches a wide variety of movies, though. Take right now. We are currently watching The Fifth Element, a confusing old science fiction movie about the end of the world. Just look it up. Anyways, our family enjoys an odd variety of things, especially musicals.
Looking at the days prompt, i guess this ends up sort of applying.

1 comment: